NYLPI offers advice and consultation on employment issues relevant to people with disabilities, including discrimination, vocational rehabilitation, and return-to-work issues facing beneficiaries of Social Security programs.
- Employment Discrimination
NYLPI provides legal advice and consultation for people with disabilities who are facing employment discrimination because of their disability.
- Vocational Rehabilitation
NYLPI serves as an advisor to a number of city organizations that assist individuals with disabilities who wish to take part in job training resources from the Vocational & Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities program and the Commission for the Blind & Visually Handicapped.
- Protection and Advocacy for Beneficiaries of Social Security (PABSS)
NYLPI provides legal assistance to beneficiaries of Social Security who are trying to begin or resume working. NYLPI provides PABSS services for the five boroughs of New York City, Long Island, and Westchester County.
Under PABSS, NYLPI assists beneficiaries of Social Security with a broad range of return to work issues, including:
- Employment discrimination
- Disputes with employment networks under the Ticket to Work Program
- Problems obtaining reasonable accommodations
- Legal problems with supportive services, such as transportation to work, housing, or other matters that makes it difficult for the beneficiary to work
- Overpayments due to work