We want you to join with us.
Thousands of nonprofit and community based organizations in New York City provide necessary assistance to low income people. Often operating with limited financial resources, these vital groups do not have the funds to hire lawyers. By donating your expertise and skills, you will be supporting the important work of these organizations. In addition to providing crucial help to underrepresented communities, pro bono work offers you an opportunity to develop your legal skills. You will work closely with clients, learn about new areas of the law and expand your professional network.
Through your work with us you will:
- Become a part of the public interest community
- Gain valuable skills and learn about new areas of the law
- Work closely with clients and expand your professional network
- Communities will benefit from your legal expertise
- Help correct societal wrongs
- Work to fulfill the law’s commitment to social justice
The value of NYLPI’s Pro Bono Clearinghouse is:
- We have a pool of hundreds of organizations in need of litigation and transactional assistance
- We will help connect you with people who will benefit from your skills