COVID-19 Resources for Nonprofits
OUR WORK ADDRESSING COVID-19
Our Pro Bono Clearinghouse is committed to connecting nonprofit organizations and our community partners impacted by the virus to resources available around the city. If you are a nonprofit or a service provider, please see below for resources on effective remote work practices, grant opportunities, and more. If you are an individual looking for resources and information, please visit our Coronavirus Resource page.
If you are a nonprofit organization seeking help, please click here.
If you are an individual or family needing assistance, please click here.
NYLPI is here to help with your nonprofit’s needs as you navigate the next round of COVID-19 financial relief. See this slideshow for information on the Paycheck Protection Program and more.
NYLPI invites your organization to take part in our Small Business Administration (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program.
Through this Program, we are connecting nonprofit organizations with volunteer lawyers for brief assistance in applying for loans under the SBA PPP.
- Understand the terms of the PPP and whether your organization qualifies;
- Determine the loan amount you are entitled to request under the PPP;
- Understand the application; and
- Identify participating lenders.
RESOURCES FOR SOCIAL SERVICE PROVIDERS & OTHERS
Legal Resources for Providers and their Clients
- COVID-19 – State Policies Relating to Legal Services Attorneys and Clients: http://wnylc.com/covid-19-state-policies-relating-to-legal-services-attorneys-and-clients/
- Lawyers Alliance- Legal Information and Services for Non–Profits Impacted by Covid-19: https://lawyersalliance.org/coronavirus-information
- New York State’s Emergency Paid Sick Leave Legislation: https://www.abetterbalance.org/resources/fact-sheet-new-york-states-paid-sick-leave-legislation/
COVID-19 Assistance Programs & Funding Opportunities for Community Organizations, Not-for-Profits and Small Businesses
- NYC COVID-19 Response and Impact Fund: https://www.nycommunitytrust.org/covid19/
- The Robin Hood Foundation’s “Relief Fund”: https://www.robinhood.org/
- Small Business Administration’s “Recovery Loan Program”: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Error?aspxerrorpath=/ela/Account/Register1
- New York City Small Business Continuity Fund: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/sbs/businesses/covid19-business-outreach.page
- The Soze Foundation’s Artists and Activists Relief Fund: https://www.wearesoze.com/relief-fund
- Northern Manhattan Emergency Recovery Fund: https://hispanicfederation.org/nomafund/
- Trinity Church Wall Street Grants: https://www.trinitywallstreet.org/social-justice/trinity-grants/covid-19-emergency-response-grants
- Funding Information and Statistics from Candid: https://candid.org/explore-issues/coronavirus
CARES Act Information
- National Council on Nonprofits Explanation of CARES Act: https://www.councilofnonprofits.org/trends-policy-issues/initial-analysis-of-the-coronavirus-aid-relief-and-economic-security-act-cares
- CARES Act – Considerations for Nonprofits (Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP – from 4/7/20): https://www.weil.com/~/media/mailings/2020/q1/the-cares-act–considerations-for-taxexempt-organizations.pdf
- CARES Act for Nonprofits (Seyfarth Shaw LLP – from 4/7/20): https://www.seyfarth.com/news-insights/nonprofit-guide-to-the-cares-act-including-those-loans-youve-been-hearing-about-to-cover-payroll-and-that-dont-need-to-be-paid-back.html
- FMA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Toolbox: https://fmaonline.net/ppptoolbox/
Board Governance During COVID-19
- SeaChange, Tough Times Call for Tough Action: A Decision Framework for Nonprofit Leaders & Boards: https://seachangecap.org/tough-times-call-for-tough-action-a-decision-framework-for-nonprofit-leaders-and-boards/
- Lawyers Alliance for New York, Expediting Nonprofit Governance During the Coronavirus Emergency: https://lawyersalliance.org/userFiles/uploads/legal_alerts/Expediting_Nonprofit_Board_Governance_During_the_Coronavirus_Emergency_Legal_Alert_March_2020.pdf
Resources for Impacted Organizations and Businesses
- Nonprofit Finance Fund, COVID-19: What Nonprofits Should Do Right Now (scenario and risk planning): https://nff.org/blog/covid-19-what-nonprofits-should-do-right-now
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s “Coronavirus Small Business Guide”: https://www.uschamber.com/co/small-business-coronavirus
- America’s Small Business Development Center Network COVID-19 Resources: https://americassbdc.org/coronavirus-information/
- New York Council of Nonprofits, Inc. Covid-19 Resources for Nonprofits: https://www.nycon.org/resources/covid-19-resources-for-nonprofits
- Donorbox COVID-19 Resource Center for Nonprofits https://donorbox.org/nonprofit-blog/covid-19-resource-center/
- The Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Coronavirus Resource Center: https://www.newyorkfed.org/outreach-and-education/coronavirus-resource-center
- Restaurant Opportunities Centers United Covid-19 Resource Page: https://rocunited.org/stop-the-spread/coronavirus-support/
Effective Work Practice Resources for Providers
- Coronavirus: Best Practices for a Work From Home Policy: https://amtrustfinancial.com/blog/small-busines/coronavirus-best-practices-work-from-home-policy
- Legal Risk Detector (tool for community advocates and professionals who are working with older adults): https://elderjusticeny.org/resources/legal-risk-detector-app/
RESOURCES AND UPDATES ON COVID-19
New York State Information and Updates
- Paid Sick Leave for Impacted New Yorkers: https://www.governor.ny.gov/programs/paid-sick-leave-covid-19-impacted-new-yorkers
- Executive Order on Essential Services and Guidance: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-issues-guidance-essential-services-under-new-york-state-pause-executive-order
- Fast Ways to Start a COVID Nonprofit (Cooley LLP): https://www.cooley.com/news/insight/2020/2020-04-07-four-fast-ways-to-form-a-charity-to-address-covid-related-matters
- Youth Inc, Youth Protection and Liability Concerns in Remote Learning: https://b9ff01f9-41db-44d5-aeed-ff47c604e9ef.filesusr.com/ugd/c90dcc_8c20b1f7d74f4f2d909d4de2e1482356.pdf
Here’s what you can do right now for justice in New York…
Stay up to date
Get updates on our cases and campaigns, and join us in taking action for justice…