Our Commitment to Privacy
Information We Collect
Information Voluntarily Submitted
New York Lawyers for the Public Interest only gathers “personally identifiable information” (information that relates to an identified individual) if you voluntarily submit such information to us through registration forms, feedback forms, donation forms, and profile update forms. The types of personally identifiable information voluntarily submitted on our Web Site include your name, title, company, department, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, country, phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses, URLs and credit card information. You can always choose not to provide personally identifiable information, but if you do not provide such information, you may not be able to take advantage of the features of New York Lawyers for the Public Interest Web Site (i.e., receipt of information from New York Lawyers for the Public Interest). We use your personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- To supply news and information regarding New York Lawyers for the Public Interest and its affiliated organizations and the programs it sponsors.
- To provide information regarding goods or services that we think may be of interest to you or that you have requested information about.
- To respond to your questions or comments sent to us via e-mail or postal mail.
- To comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order and to counter any attempted breach of security of our Web Site, or a physical threat to you or others.
New York Lawyers for the Public Interest may share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the purposes of processing donations and payments and for shipping orders. These third party companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purpose. New York Lawyers for the Public Interest will not rent, sell or lease personally identifiable information to any third party unless we have received your permission.
Information Gathered via Electronic Means
New York Lawyers for the Public Interest also collects “non-personally identifiable information” (information that does not identify a specific individual) through the use of Internet Protocol tracking, log files and/or cookie technology.
- We register your Internet Protocol address when you visit the Web Site to help diagnose possible technical problems and to administer Web Site quality. We do not use Internet Protocol addresses or clickstream data to personally identify users.
- Log files (files listing every request made to the server) are used to statistically determine which areas of our Web Site users prefer and to better prepare future site content based on the interests of our users. We do not track the usage patterns of individual users, but rather the overall performance of each page on the Web Site.
Links to and From Other Sites
Our Security Policy
Protecting your privacy and your information is our top priority. We have established physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard our physical premises and to protect against the loss, disclosure, alteration, misuse or unauthorized access of personal information both online and offline. Only those employees of New York Lawyers for the Public Interest and/or our business partners who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. While we take reasonable efforts to ensure the security of information, there is no guarantee that any data transmitted over the Internet or stored via our Web Site is 100% secure; this is the case for any users of and service providers on the Internet.
Accessing and Updating Information
New York Lawyers for the Public Interest strives to maintain the accuracy of user records and only collects personal information that is relevant for the purposes for which it is used. If you have any questions about what information we currently hold about you or your organization or would like to make updates or changes, please contact us at [email protected].
Your Choices/Opt-Out Rights
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is important to us. New York Lawyers for the Public Interest does not intentionally collect information at our Web Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Web Site is intended to attract anyone under 13.
Your Acceptance of These Terms